Entries for January 2020
eBookBinder 1.5.1 released
eBookBinder 1.5.1 is now available on the Mac App Store. This update offers several bug fixes and improvements, which improve the work with eBookBinder.
The important addition to eBookBinder 1.5.1 is the new, for the time being optional, markup parser, which can be activated via the Preferences of eBookBinder.
This new Markup-converter, developed in the Swift programming-language, will most likely becoming mandatory with the release of macOS 10.16. I have written a more detailed explanation on this topic in the article about the release of MarkMyWords 1.12.0.
The complete list of changes
- new alternative markup conversion engine, developed in the Swift programming language, implemented. This can be activated via the Preferences > General > Use internal Swift version of the markup converter (Beta version: Is in continuous development)
- Smark parser updated
- Textile parser updated
- various code areas updated
- improved resource management when creating eBooks
- refined preferences for the file extensions
- fixes a bug for chapters with pictures whose file names contains an &-character
- fixes a bug when importing ePubs in which no preview image of the imported book appears in the projects bar
- fixes a bug in which the projects bar doesn't work correctly after importing an eBBProject file and only works again after restarting the application
Until next time!