Entries for April 2022
PlainPad 1.2.0 released
This update brings an exciting new feature to the area of correcting text errors. The internal spell check of macOS allows you to quickly select misspelled words with the "Spell Check" command (keyboard shortcut: ⌘;). By right-clicking on the corresponding selection, suggestions to correct the corresponding error are displayed.
With the new function in PlainPad, which can be activated in the preferences under Typography under the item "Automatically show spelling suggestions", there is no need to touch the mouse. If a corresponding error is selected by the "Spell Check" function, the corresponding correction suggestions are automatically displayed and can be selected with the arrow keys.
Alternatively, a red underlined word can also be selected manually and the corresponding correction suggestions called up with the key combination ⌥ESC.
In addition to this new feature, this update offers a few other minor adjustments. The corresponding details can be found in the list of changes.
Changes in this version
- new feature that simplifies the correction of misspelled words and allows suggested corrections to be displayed via keyboard shortcuts. This feature can be activated in the preferences under the item Typography. More details about this feature can be found in the help
- new preference options in the Typography section to adjust the system-wide text settings for "Automatically replace two spaces with periods" and "Automatically capitalize words after a period" in Plainpad
- minor adjustments to the user interface
- minor revisions in the help
Until next time!
MarkMyWords 2.4.0 released
MarkMyWords 2.4.0 is now available on the Mac App Store!
The most important change in this update is the completely revised internal markup interpreter. This includes improvements for all markup languages supported by MarkMyWords.
Besides this major change, this update includes various minor improvements and bug fixes in various areas of MarkMyWords. The list of changes lists the details of this update.
The complete list of changes:
- new internal markup interpreter with improvements for all Markup languages supported by MarkMyWords
- new preference options in the Typography section to adjust the system-wide text settings for "Automatically replace two spaces with periods" and "Automatically capitalize words after a period" in MarkMyWords
- some cosmetic adjustments in the preferences
- enabling and disabling syntax coloring in the preferences now shows immediate effect in the editor
- updated and improved syntax coloring for Markdown, MarkdownExtra, MultiMarkdown, BBCode, Smark. To use the updated coloring-files, the syntax coloring must be reset in the preferences
- fixes a bug in preferences navigation that could lead to an internal error
- fixes a bug in the display of the window title in the preferences
- Textile: fixes incorrect link markup template generated by the shortcut-command
Until next time!